Katie Price grew up in the seaside town of Brighton in Sussex. Becoming a glamorous model was far from Katie’s mind whilst she was at school. Her stunning figure did not develop until she reached her sixteenth birthday. She remembers, “I was totally flat-chested at school”.
The decision to start modelling came after a friend suggested she have some photographs taken professionally. The pictures were sent to a modelling agency in London, and to her amazement, the agency invited her into the studios for a photo shoot, and to discuss a contract. Within weeks, Katie began appearing on Page 3 of the national newspapers, and it was this time that she changed her name to Jordan.
In 1998 Jordan also auditioned for a part in the hit show “BAYWATCH” but was unsuccessful.
Close friends of Jordan call her Kinky Kate. “I’m an outrageous woman”, she declares.
Although she has become a well-established model, sometimes appearing on Page 3 at least 4 times a week, and in magazines such as Loaded and FHM, Jordan still had a feeling of insecurity about her chest size. She thought that implants would look better. Friends, photographers and even her parents were against the idea. Nevertheless, the operation went ahead, and her breast size was increase from a B cup to a D Cup.
In her busy life so far, she has fitted in more than most. Her official website www.jordanfanclub.co.uk attracts over 50,000 unique visitors a month and over 1 MILLION hits a month. In this interview, K9 Magazine caught up with Katie Price to talk about her passion for animals...
1) Hello Katie, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions….Right from the off, tell us what you are currently up to and what you’ve got coming up that we should all be looking forward to. Here’s your chance to plug whatever you’ve got going on right now before we get stuck into the questions.
Well thanks for asking me to help out with the magazine. Lately I have been concentrating loads on my music, my autobiography and of course, my yearly calendar!
2) Tell us about your pets. Names, breeds and ages.
I love animals, always have done. I have 3 horses a bay 18.2 hh 5 year old Irish Thoroughbred called ‘Tyke’, a 14.3hh 9 years pure black stallion called ‘Storm’ and 16.2hh 8 years black warmblood called ‘Sally’. Horseriding is my fave hobby, and on my walks I have both 3 year old ‘Smurf’ who is a Dogues de Bordeaux I believe and ‘Scooby’ an 8 month old Great Dane to keep me busy!
3) When did your interest in pets/animals begin and how long have you been a pet owner?
I’ve always been with animals. My family like their company and companionship, from rabbits, cats, birds and lizards to dogs and horses. I love being with them and enjoy my quality time with them.
4) You’ve been in the spotlight for years now – in no more than 5 words each, describe your recollections of the following:
Your first ever photo shoot - Arizona - was for a calendar
The Paparazzi - Never say anything true!
Giving Birth - Best thing have ever done
Your boob job - wouldn’t change them, very happy!
Finding out that you had Cancer - A shock, but life goes on
5) Being the animal lover that you are, have there ever been any times in your life when you have wanted a period of independence, with no animal responsibilities?
Not at all, I love being surrounded by animals - they keep me on my toes, and are a great way to pass away time.
6) There’s an old adage, never work with animals or children. Can you recall any times when you wished you’d taken heed of this advice?
Well, when I take the dogs to work with me, they love the attention, new people, new smells, new environment, and also whilst at work, I have Harvey my little son, so to be honest, I am with them all the time, I’m lucky to have a job where they can both accompany me.
7) If you could be an animal or breed, what would it be and why?
I would like to be a cat, so I can laze around and sleep loads; I think the best thing would be to climb trees to get away from it all.
8) Describe your average day at home with your pets.
I’m always playing with the dogs. They need care and attention, otherwise they sulk, they are really funny like that, so I do spoil them with lots of food, toys and great walks over the downs. I also like to ‘try’ and teach them tricks - but not too successful ...I enjoy riding my horses too.
9) Word Association Game – Match the following people’s personality to a breed of dog.
Tony Blair –
Jodie Marsh –
Dwight Yorke –
Samantha Fox –
Alex Ferguson –
(Katie politely refused to play ball with this question – Note to future 20 questions participants: Come on, be brave. They’ll only be seen by a few people ;))
10) Which do you prefer and why?
Big dogs or little dogs - Big Dogs - huge character and big fun and also makes me feel secure.
Pedigree dogs or x breeds - I like both x breeds and pedigrees.
Days off or days at work - I have great balance of the two, so happy!
The quickest route or the scenic route - most definitely the quickest - I have to!
Lead and collar or dog running free - a dog running freely, shows their obedience.
11) What is the best thing about being a pet owner over not being one?
I personally feel it’s not a real home without a pet.
12) Time to be controversial. If an establishment, say a hotel, had a blanket ban on pets do you?
a) Refuse to give them your custom with the theory of ‘if you don’t want my pet then you don’t want me’
b) Drop the ‘do you know who I am’ bomb and see if they will make an exception
c) Accept the decision but make a note to find a more pet friendly hotel in the future -
I know my dogs would prefer to be at home and running around freely in an open environment. I may take my dogs sometimes to a shoot, but that is for a few hours max and I make sure they are walked and well fed with liquid during these periods. I never make them stay in a closed environment...so C!
13) Describe the last time you…
Had to shout at your pet - Crossing a road to get on a bridle path
Had to go to the vet - One of my horses cut its leg
Didn’t get the job you wanted - Fortunately, jobs come to me
Thought about getting another animal (besides what you have already) - I am an animal addict. I always want more, and my mum has to step in, which I suppose is right. If you have too many pets some could become neglected which defeats the whole idea of having a pet.
Trained your pet to do something new - Trained my dogs to follow the horses, behave around them and so on
14) Losing a dog is one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through, have you ever lost any of your pets and if so, how did you cope?
I did lose a horse when I was much younger (14 I think) - I was devastated, I spent all my spare time, early mornings, late evenings and weekends, loving and caring for my horse (Star) I had to get another one as soon as possible, not the same, but a new bond!
15) Your boobs are legendary, however, if you could start all over again as Katie Price would you follow the same path or would you do things differently?
(Katie politely refused to answer this)
16) On a scale of 1 to 10 – How do you rate yourself with a Poop Scoop?
I use a plastic carrier bag!
17) Have you ever been to the Crufts dog show?
I haven’t myself no, but I do have a friend that breeds especially and attends all dog shows across the country, I know dogs are fun and take time - but for me, that is too serious - mind you, if the papers were involved, I’d probably be best bitch without even showing!
18) What is the most extravagant item that you have bought for your dog(s)?
That’s a tough one, I continually buy them new beds, and so they are soft and scrunchy, so much so I can lie down with them.
19) If your dog(s) had the ability to answer one question and one question only, what would you ask them and what do you think that they would say?
Q - Would I be able to do any more for them?
A- They are very happy