This dog food review is sent to us from K9 Magazine reader Anne Coulson who writes about Trophy Premium Large Breed.
From the manufacturer:
Balanced Nutrition for digestibility, with all the essential vitamins and minerals.
- Crunchy kibble for Healthy Teeth and Gums, giving low breath odour and helping to clean the teeth. The Trophy Super
Premium Range should help to provide all the dental health your dog needs.
- Omega 6 fatty acids found in vegetable oils & poultry fat, for outstanding skin and coat condition. Extra biotin & vitamin E
also help to make the difference.
- Fortified with the natural antioxidants Vitamin E & C, proven to help maintain the immune system.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, found in fish oils, proven to help the immune system. Added Zinc & Vitamin E also help combat
disease. For dogs who suffer from joint problems Omega 3 fatty acids can also help improve mobility and reduce
- Quality Proteins for muscle development and energy.
- Rich in Supreme Basmati Rice.
- Wheat-Gluten Free.
- No Artificial Colourings or Flavourings.
- Exceptionally gentle on your dogs digestive system.
- Hypo-Allergenic to help soothe skin irritation.
- Contains Glucosamine & Chondroitin for healthy joints & cartilage and good mobility.
- Contains Fructo-oligsaccharides (FOS) a pro-biotic which promotes friendly bacteria in the gut and helps aid good
- Each serving delivers maximum nutrition with out fillers leading to increased digestion, so you will also notice a lower stool
volume with less to clean up.
- Low fat for less joint stress and a healthy weight.
- We do not use unsuitable synthetic E Numbers for product preservation, fortification, taste enhancement or appearance
or for any other reason.
Trophy Premium Large Breed Ingredients:
Supreme Basmati Rice (>35%)
Chicken Meat (>25%)
Ground Wholegrain Yellow Maize
Ground Green Peas
Fish & Fish Oil
Vitamins & Minerals
No Artificial Colourings or Flavourings.
Exceptionally gentle on your dogs digestive system.
Hypo-Allergenic to help soothe skin irritation.
Yellow Maize Fibre 4%,
Vitamin A 21,000 iu/kg
Vitamin D3 1,750 iu/kg
Vitamin C 50 mg/kg
Vitamin E 445 iu/kg
Copper as Cupric Sulphate 25mg/kg
Glucosamine and Chondroitin 500mg/kg
Fructo Oligosaccharides 0.5%
Guaranteed Not Tested on Animals
“Trophy Pet foods are clearly a forward thinking, ethical company who should be commended for their strong commitment to animal welfare and the environment. This is demonstrated with their animal testing policy and their green policy”.
Trophy Pet Foods are now full members of ‘The Ethical Company Organisation.
Review: Trophy Premium Dog Food
This is the food that I use if not feeding raw, my Sister also feeds it to her dog and I know at least 4 other dogs that are fed on it.
Dogs seem to do very well on it and all are very healthy with good glossy coats and appearance/build. My ratings:
Cost/Value for Money: 8/10
(15kg costs £38 but feed amounts are quite low and need to be when you have a 50kg dog )
Quality of ingredients: 7/10
(I am sure others can comment better than me but The Meat content seems good and is defined and the main cereal is rice, also the oils are chicken /fish )
(Difficult one as packaging is very basic which keeps the costs down, but marketing could be better as few have even heard of it and it is by franchised delivery only)
Apparent Taste Factor: 7/10
(Seems to be well accepted and eaten happily but has no sugar/Salt so possibly would score lower than some other dry foods)
Back End Tolerance: 8/10